The Zigomatic implant
Zygomatic Implant Treatments in Coral Springs
If you’ve ever been told that you’re not a candidate for dental implants, it’s likely because of bone shrinkage as the result of tooth loss or gum disease. Because implants rely on bone to anchor them, bone resorption can make treatment especially challenging.
Fortunately, our Coral Springs prosthodontist is an expert when it comes to rehabilitating even the most damaged smiles.
When traditional implants just won’t work, zygomatic implants may be the most viable alternative.
What is a Zygomatic Implant?
Traditionally, implants are set into the bony ridge that supports your teeth. But with Zygomatic implants, the longer implant is set into the bone of the zygomatic arch. This bony extension is above the upper teeth and makes up the “cheek bones” of your facial profile.
Because Zygomatic implants reach further into the jaw than smaller traditional implants, they can be supported by bony structures elsewhere in the mouth. And just like standard implants, Zygomatic designs encourage new bone growth and integration with the implant’s surface, permanently fusing them into place.
Advantages of Zygomatic Implant?
- The procedure is “graft-less.” This means that most patients will have no need for bone grafting
- The patient can return home with functioning fixed teeth the same-day of surgery
- Any upper dentures are eliminated.
- No sinus bone grafting necessary.
- Reduced time of a fixed implant screw retained zirconia dental implant bridge
- Reduced timeline to completion of upper jaw restoration
- More predictable “All on 4” in the upper jaw because implants are much longer and stronger
- Treatment done under IV sedation while you sleep
- Allows for faster healing than bone grafting
- Natural teeth extracted and zygomatic cheek bone dental implants placed on the same day
- Failing/ Unsuccessful “All on 4” dental implants with bone loss can be removed and replaced with zygomatic dental implants
In most cases, our Coral Springs prosthodontist uses zygomatic supported implants to anchor All-on-4, full arch implant bridges, or removable overdentures. Depending on your situation, you can opt for something that’s removable or permanently set into place.
Don’t Take “No” For an Answer
Don’t let embarrassment caused by missing teeth be the reason you stop smiling in front of the camera. Contact Advanced Dentistry of Coral Springs to schedule a consultation with our implant and cosmetic dentistry expert, Dr. Renan Buitrago.